Do you leave a workshop feeling more confused? Have you ever left a Special Needs Planning workshop feeling lost and searching for answers? I know I have. Here are a few idea for a more meaningful experience…
- A workshop is a presentation for all audiences.
- Is the workshop about the person with a disability?
- Use your online time wisely.
1) A Workshop is a presentation
Generally, a presenter is not familiar with your family. The workshop is academic and not relevant to your interests.
2) Is the workshop about the person with a disability?
The focus of a special needs planning workshop is the person with a disability. Too often, the presentation is about caregiver and parent roles.
3) Use your online time wisely.
Covid has enabled people to participate in more presentations than prior to the pandemic. Too much information leads to confusion. Pick and choose which workshops are worth your time.